Continuum Recovery Center provides the following for our clients:
- Weekly Food purchased at the grocery store
- Household Items for Communal Use
Continuum Recovery does not provide the following to our clients:
- Cigarettes or vaping products
- Extra-Curricular Activities (you are responsible for the some of the cost)
- Personal Hygiene products such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, feminine hygiene, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, perfume/cologne, razors, makeup, sunscreen, comb or hairbrush, etc.
- Food and drinks purchased at restaurants, fast food, gas stations, etc.
- Medications, prescription or OTC (you are responsible for the cost)
What can I bring with me to treatment?
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involved in your treatment (loved ones, healthcare professionals, 12 step sponsors, etc.).
- Jewelry that you wear every day and consider to be a necessity, like your wedding ring or a watch. Otherwise, leave valuable items at home.
- Your current prescription medication in the original pharmacy bottle with the information label intact. Any liquid medications must be new and sealed. You should also bring a list of all your medications and dosages.
- A small amount of cash ($50 to $100 in smaller bills for store runs, vending machines, etc.).
- Your checkbook, credit card or debit card to pay for treatment medications.
- Your insurance cards and a form of identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- A notebook or journal.
- Stamps and envelopes if you wish to mail letters.
- Pictures of your loved ones to keep in your room or wallet.
- We will provide reading materials for you. If you want to bring your own, they’re required to be recovery, self-help or spiritually oriented. TIP: bring paperback books as they’re easier to carry around than hardcovers.
What Clothing You Should Bring
Please keep in mind, space in your room may be limited, so try not to overpack.
You will have access to a laundry machine, so one or two weeks’ worth of clothing should be enough. Be sure to pack clothes that are easy to wash and do not require special care, such as dry cleaning.
Be sure to bring 7 to 14 days’ worth of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, including:
- shoes: comfy shoes for everyday wear, tennis shoes for activities/sports and flip flops for the shower
- shirts: if bringing tank tops, make sure you also pack cardigans to wear with them to comply with our dress code
- shorts: the length must be appropriate and not extra tight
- a bathing suit: a one piece is required for women, trunks for men
- a coat/jacket
- a bath robe
- a belt
- a hat
Personal Hygiene and Beauty Products to Pack
We require all toiletries and beauty products must not have alcohol listed in the first three ingredients. Do not bring aerosols.
Bring 30 days’ worth of toiletries and beauty products, including:
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- shampoo and conditioner
- hair styling products (pump hair spray only)
- feminine hygiene products
- shaving cream
- razors and any electronic trimming supplies
Items You Should Not Bring to Treatment
We do prohibit certain items and have strict rules. We do so to ensure your safety and to create the best environment for your recovery. The following items are banned:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Narcotics or prohibited prescriptions
- Weapons (guns, knives, scissors, sharp objects, etc.)
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, etc.)
- Unapproved or previously opened OTC medications
- Nail polish, polish remover or synthetic nail related products
- Video games and DVDs
- Sporting equipment
- Revealing clothing (tank tops, sleeveless shirts, midriff bearing tops, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, ammonia, etc.)
- Electronics (televisions, gaming consoles, etc.)
- Games and playing cards
- Candles and incense
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence
You may be surprised by some of the items on this list, like games and playing cards, video games and DVDs and sporting equipment. These items are prohibited to help you avoid distractions and allow you to focus on your recovery. We will have items like these available to you during certain times.