Family Education Program
Drug abuse and alcohol addiction affect the family on many levels, so it’s important to have a Family Education Program! Addictive behaviors can run through generations and, left untreated, leave family members at risk for years. Without realizing it, family can also bring about environmental factors in the development of these behavioral health problems. Unhealthy communication and coping mechanisms can be one of the reasons why addiction starts, remains and damages the family dynamic.
Why Family Healing Supports Recovery
We offer a once per month family education experience. Family members can attend in person or via teleconference. This non-therapeutic educational presentation is only for family members of loved ones in treatment as the clients do not participate in this setting.
What Family Education Provides
- The Addiction Disease Model
- The Purpose of Treatment
- How Treatment Works as a Support Mechanism for You or Your Loved One
- What Enabling Looks Like
- Where to go for Additional Resources in Family Support
The Benefits of Family Education Are Immeasurable
When we suggest our program to mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, and adult children of clients, we do this for the benefit of each family member. We know that a strong and stable family, unified, offers a more supportive force than each person individually.
What to Expect in Our Family Program
No two family education sessions will be the same, as different concerns will need to be addressed. Some moments will be anticipated and others can come out of left field.
- Identify Sources of Conflict
- Reestablish Healthy Boundaries
- Recognize the Signs of Stress, Triggers, and Addiction Relapse
- Reinstate Supportive Ways in Coexisting
- Define Pathways to Build Trust Again
- Understand the Nature of Addictive Behaviors